- Linear Alkylbenzene (LAB) Market Report
- Surfactant Developments Newsletter
LAB Market Report & Database
The LINEAR ALKYLBENZENE (LAB) MARKET REPORT is a monthly publication designed to bring together all the news of interest to LAB market participants. It offers current information on the entire LAB value chain from raw materials to detergents.
Suppliers and customers in the detergent alkylate market need up-to-date market information and analysis to support successful business strategies, and Colin A. Houston & Associates (CAHA) has developed a product to meet this need. The LINEAR ALKYLBENZENE (LAB) MARKET REPORT AND DATABASE is available to subscribers on an Internet website accessible via password.
- Market news, including the latest developments involving producers, sulfonators, feedstocks, technology, formulations, environmental issues, and end markets
- Linear Alkylbenzene (LAB) and normal paraffin prices
- Feature articles offering in-depth coverage of significant issues and developments
- Regional LAB market analysis providing up-to-date supply and demand data and a perspective on developments
- LAB and normal paraffin capacity updates
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) activities, divestitures, joint ventures, partnerships
- Formulation Watch - covering changes in household and non-household detergent formulations due to novel technology, price and availability of competing raw materials, environmental concerns, etc.
- Sulfonator news - including new plants, closures, upgrades and expansions, M&A activities, alliances, etc.
- Country or region specific market news - such as population growth, trends in disposable income, per capita consumption of detergents, washing practices, etc.
- Technology - covering breaking news about new technology that may impact LAB, LABS/LAS (linear alkylbenzene sulfonate) or raw materials such as n-paraffin.
- Environmental and Regulatory issues - latest news involving environmental concerns, studies, or legislation involving LAB or competing materials such as APE which may impact consumption of LAB in a specific country or region. CAHA's approach to this area will be to report on key developments.
- LAB prices in North America, West Europe and, Middle East and Asia reported in each issue
- n-Paraffin prices in Asia
- Kerosene pricing in the North America, West Europe and Asia regions are reported in each issue as a benchmark. The latest prices, rather than an average will be used.
- Supply - Review LAB producers with location, technology, and current capacity in the region with comments on plant expansions, closures, new projects or change in technology.
- Supply/Demand Balance - This table provides a snapshot of demand, production, net exports (net imports), and industry operating rates in the region. In addition, a concise analysis of key demand drivers, and factors that may affect the future supply/demand balance are included. In some regions, CAHA may provide selected breakdown of LAB demand by country.
CAHA is a recognized authority on detergent alkylates (linear alkylbenzene and branched alkylbenzene), having provided market research and consulting in this area for over 25 years. CAHA has published numerous multi-client studies of the global detergent alkylate market, and many regional surfactant studies, in addition to its proprietary work in surfactant intermediates, surfactants and detergents. CAHA is currently in the process of completing a new multiclient study on LAB called DETERGENT ALKYLATES – WORLD MARKETS TO 2025, to be published at the end of the first quarter this year.
The LAB MARKET REPORT relies on CAHA's worldwide network of contacts among LAB market participants, and includes news and insights that are not available from trade publications and other sources. The DATABASE profile of LAB industry including the full details of producer capacities and expansion plans, process technology and feedstocks used, a LAB price history and historical regional supply/demand balances.
The LAB MARKET REPORT AND DATABASE has been developed in response to the need of our clients for information and analysis on a timely basis and at a reasonable cost. The annual subscription includes twelve issues and access to the Internet database. Details of this new report and database are explained below. For subscription information, please contact us via our Contact page.
Regional LAB Market Analysis
Regional profiles to provide an analysis of the LAB market in each specific region, leading up to a global supply demand balance at the year end.
In-depth coverage of the following topics:
The global analysis is provided through reports on the following specific areas: North America, Latin America, Central & West Europe, Asia/Pacific, East Europe and Africa & Middle East.
Materials focus - Analysis of the market for one important material such as: normal paraffins, internal and alpha-olefins, and methyl ester sulfonates (MES).
Country profiles - An occasional in-depth analysis of a specific country’s alkylate market. Countries such as India, China, Russia, Iran, Pakistan, Mexico and Turkey have been covered. For each country, an analysis incorporating population, GDP, washing practices, LAB demand and growth in consumption is offered. More detailed breakdown of household vs. non-household, trends, supply of LAB, imports/exports, sulfonation capacity and other relevant information is included. Market shares of Unilever, P&G and other participants, and completion from other materials such as alcohols, MES and AOS, are reviewed.
Customer profiles - A detailed profile of a sulfonator or multiclient detergent producer.
Special topics - An analysis of a topic related to the LAB market, such as gas-to-liquids projects and the potential for n-paraffin recovery.
LAB Capacity Update
News briefs about changes in LAB capacity, detailed by country and producer, as well as the status of new projects.
Normal Paraffin Capacity Update
News briefs about changes in n-paraffin capacity and the status of new projects.
SUMMARY OF FEATURE SCHEDULE
Editorial Calendar for 2017
|Issue Date||LAB Regional Profile||Feature Articles|
|Jan||Feedstock: LAO||Company Proflie: Unilever|
|April||Central & South America|
|June||Central & West Europe|
|Sept||Country Profile: Mexico|
|Oct||East Europe||Country Profile: Thailand|
|Dec||Middle East/Africa||LAB Supply/Demand Balance|
Not yet a subscriber?
Click below to review a sample issue of the LAB MARKET REPORT.